Community engagement, enhancement, and giving back is a big part of the Economic Council's purpose. We strive to align ourselves with other organizations and companies in Fort Mill to assist with improvements in quality of life.
Domtar Community Investment
Domtar's community investments include charitable giving, grant making, sponsorships and volunteering of our time. We are always interested in hearing from our community partners to help make life better.
Apply for a Domtar Community Investment
Complete the application form by clicking on one of the buttons below, selecting the category that most closely aligns with your request.
- Applications are reviewed by Domtar’s Sustainability Committee on a quarterly basis. You may experience a delay of up to three months before receiving a response from Domtar.
- Exclusions: Domtar will not support:
- Endowment Funds
- Organizations that make distinctions with respect to race, religious belief or sexual orientation
- Political or religious organizations
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Family Trust Community Partnership Program
Community Giving Mission: After more than 60 years, Family Trust is as committed as ever to serving our members and York County communities. We embrace the credit union philosophy of “people helping people,” and believe that our success comes from investing in the success of others.
Community Partnership Program: Family Trust is grateful for the local non-profits and what they do to make our community a better place to live. We understand demands are increasing and resources are a constant struggle.
Our credit union has funded many, many organizations over the years and we plan to continue to be a good corporate citizen by supporting the community based organizations.
With that said, we are proud to announce our new method for providing community contributions beginning in January 2018. We believe our new community partnership program will allow us to make a greater impact on selected agencies while enabling us to make a deeper connection with the agencies selected by putting the power of our employees behind our donations. We believe that’s a win-win for the credit union and our non-profit friends.
- The new procedure will require non-profits to complete an online application and provide financials or their latest 990.
- Agencies can request up to $5,000.
- Agencies can submit multiple requests each year.
- A committee made up of credit union employees will review applications twice a year – in April and October – to determine which agencies to fund.
- Special consideration will be given to agencies that present volunteer opportunities for our employees, provide support to children and families and emphasize financial education.
- Requests can be for general operation or special projects.
How to Apply: Grant application, along with guidelines and deadlines can be accessed here.